Founded in 2020.
The purpose of the organization is to provide leadership and assistance to its members in the development and betterment of alumni bands and to serve as a leader, resource and indispensable advocate.
- Enrich the experience of collegiate and volunteer alumni bands
- Be a conduit for education and learning about alumni bands
- Foster relationships with alma mater and alumni members
- Foster and preserve the traditions of the alma mater and alumni band programs
- Communicate and promote the value of alumni bands and volunteer bands
There are 250 FBS and FCS colleges and universities with athletic band programs. Most have formal or informal band alumni programs. Through membership, these are the organizations that can benefit from the NAoAB.